You can recycle toothpaste containers, toothbrushes, and floss containers to benefit our cause! Collect your empty containers to recycle. You can then ship them or drop them off at your local recycling center! This program will accept any brand of oral care recycling.
Special Requirements: 2 LB Minimum (not including the weight of the box)
Please note – Electric toothbrushes, battery toothbrushes, and/or their parts are not recyclable through the program
- To earn points with our partner company, you’ll need to send in 2 lbs or more at a time (not including the weight of the box).
- Once you’ve collected the 2 lbs of empty oral care packaging, use this form to request a free shipping label.
- Be sure to place all your empty containers in one box.
- Containers should be empty (all excess product removed) and dry. There is no need to clean the containers, but if you do, rinse them out and be sure they are dry before you drop them in your box for shipment.
- You can ship your empty products in any box, but remember the box weight does not count toward the recyclable weight.
- Once you’ve submitted your form, we’ll email you the UPS shipping label and you can drop your box off at any UPS location.
Can anyone participate in the program?
At this time, this program is available to anyone in the 48 contiguous United States.
Do I need to clean the waste before I send it in?
No, you do not need to clean the items before sending them in. However, please remove as much of the remaining product as possible before shipping. Keep in mind, UPS will not accept dripping packages, so make sure your waste is dry before shipping.
Do I have to ship in a specific type of box?
Any box will do, but the box weight does not count toward the recyclable weight. There must be a minimum of 2 lbs* of recycling for us to get credit for the shipment. We recommend adding about 1 lb for most boxes big enough for shipping. You can mail more than 2 lbs – just not less. (*This minimum applies to the Colgate Oral Care Packaging Program only, if you’re participating in one of our other recycling lines check that page for more information.)
Do I have to collect only Colgate®-branded products?
Nope, for our Colgate® Oral Care program, you can collect any brand of oral care product waste.
Can I mix (and mail in) products from another recycling program?
Unfortunately, no. If you’re collecting for another program, like our Performance Nutrition or Colgate® Oral Care, you’ll need to send those in separately and meet each category’s minimum.